It's Always Treat Time Clock Box

It really is always treat time according to my dog. I made this from 5/32" maple plywood and actually worked out the kerf so that it snaps together pretty firmly. Still, there is a thin amount of Gorilla wood glue because I plan to sell them and want them to hold permanently. I stained with mineral spirits and have a lucite/acrylic case inside to hold the treats and to keep crumbs out of the clock mechanism. I’ve already had a couple of orders on it, so that is encouraging as well. Biggest issue was sourcing a small enough set of hands for the 5" x 5" box face, but Ronnell Clocks came through for me.

58 Likes

Great job. I always love dog related projects.

7 Likes

Thank you. My “hook” is dog-related cards and crafts, though a few cats because there’s always THAT person at craft fairs :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My wife raises 3 different types of Mastiffs, (Neapolitan, French and English) so I am always making and looking for new items to make for her. We love our dogs and spend every moment of the day with at least one of them by our side. We even take one or two with us when we travel.

8 Likes

The composure and timing of that picture couldn’t be better! Nice work.

5 Likes

That is just adorable! Great job!

4 Likes

Great idea and design, I think you will sell loads of these!

4 Likes

Not surprised you’ve already had orders. That is really neat!

1 Like

Great stuff!

1 Like

Love this! I’d be .5 of THAT person… we have a dog and cats :smiling_face: We refer to treats as yummies.

3 Likes

Looks nice. And the dog licking his lips is perfect timing. I seem to remember a post where someone made their own clock hands?

I made some to test, but figured special hands would overdo this. You need the thinnest wood you can get for the mechanisms I had, I ended up with some very thin balsa from Michaels that I’m testing. You have to cut the long part of the hands WITH the grain or it just snaps apart too easily. The second hand would be maybe possible but a heck of a lot of work to get it just right.

3 Likes