It's happening

My Glowforge is on the truck for delivery today! I’m very excited but it’s also bittersweet.

When we started this journey nearly 2 years ago I joined a family of wonderful people who are willing to share information, have discourse on touchy subjects (with the willingness to hug it out after!) and to hang tight together while we wait for the Glowforge. It seems like I placed my order only yesterday and yet it couldn’t come soon enough. Now that mine is basically at my door I find myself with a bit of remorse. I feel like college is coming to and end and we are parting ways to go on our own Glowforge journeys. I know that some of us will stick around and I hope most do but I thought that maybe others might feel the same. This community is awesome and I’m so lucky to be a part of it. So many amazing things have been created and I know there are more amazing things to come. So thank you for sticking around and I can’t wait to see what we make.

I will keep you posted on my delivery! and I can’t wait for you to meet our Glowforge!

78 Likes

Awesome! You are gonna have so much fun!

6 Likes

Lots of pictures… We want to see the smiling faces :joy:

4 Likes

Oh squeeeee! Can’t wait to see what you make with it! :smile:

3 Likes

Congrats!
Don’t leave the forum!!

5 Likes

wasn’t planning on it :slight_smile: you guys are too great!

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your GF.

You’re absolutely right the forum is going to change with more focus on projects and how to do things with the GF. This does not mean it will be bad, just different.

6 Likes

You won’t have as much time, but you’ll have more stuff to share.

6 Likes

So happy for you…your new adventure awaits. :grinning:

4 Likes

Great post! Congratulations :tada:
The forum has been a wonderful focus for us across the waiting, and like everything it will evolve. Collectively we built this house and it is now undergoing a major remodel.
We have had nothing to share except ourselves, now we take it to the next level, and can share the fruits of what brought us all together in the first place. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Congrats!! And long live to the forum :smiley:

6 Likes

I think in some ways, the forum is just beginning. While some of us may not be here as often, I foresee this community forging ahead as a place of sharing, a place of learning…

6 Likes

Forging ahead. I see what you did there

3 Likes

Congrats! Can’t wait to see what you make!

2 Likes

Delivered :white_check_mark:

Box has a little rash on it but no serious punctures or tares. Unfortunately it was on its side and the drive left it (didn’t know it was here until I checked the tracking).

Back to work - will be setting this baby up TONIGHT!

33 Likes

wow, you didn’t feel that terrible cough coming on?

11 Likes

maybe a little…

Gotta wait to get it home and open it with my wife :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Could you write a general “Out of Work” note for all of us to use when we get our shipments?

10 Likes

Congrats!
Box looks much better than some!

1 Like

Yes, definitely. My wife and I decided that if the box looked back (like there might be damage) that I could open it to inspect and if it was okay that we would wait to get it home and open it together… I might just go stab a few holes in it :wink:

11 Likes