Its pretty quiet around here

yeah, but isn’t Glowforge at CES, where are the news stories, tweats, photos, videos, demos etc…?

I’ve sent minions to check out the booth, ask questions and send back photos… ok, not REAL minions, just friends who owe me one!

3 Likes

I think I hear the Mission Impossible music playing in the background… :wink: I hope you give us a look as well! :slight_smile:

I actually checked out flight costs on a whim. All these years I’ve followed CES but nothing ever drew me to attend. Had I thought that far ahead and realized it, I would have done the fanboy thing at CES. Also, no canary in the coal mine here. I had Christmas services to attend to. Plus I am spending my free time getting my woodworking shop in shape so I can get some raw materials cheap for the Glowforge. It’s like 3rd trimester time I guess for those who have had kids.

1 Like

Wittgenstein… “Whereof one has nothing to say, thereof one should shut up”

4 Likes

Does anyone happen to know the CES booth number or at least what area the Glowforge booth might be found?

Thanks

According to @spike in the following past, they are at Sands, Hall G - 80659.

Oddly enough, I’ve found myself hanging out more on the forums now that I’m back at work…I suppose being stuck in front of a computer all day would do that, though. :smile: Been doing some side projects brought on by conversations here, so hopefully I’ll be able to share some results soon! :wink:

Dan links to a map here.

10$ CND to the first person to go to CES and accidently slip the display GF into their bag. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Or to get an upsidedown lid pic of them self.

Why do I for see a really really really bad new type of selfie phenomenon. Also please watch the low cut tops ladies(and some larger men).

3 Likes

This just made me LOL!

Yes. I think people are back to work and have more time! Ha.

1 Like

I think Santa is about the only person that could even think of carrying a bag big enough to conceal a Glowforge into CES without raising any red flags, and I am smiling just thinking about how hard it would be to ‘slip it into’ said bag, and carry it back out nonchalantly with that much weight in it! Also, given the anemic $CDN right now, the reward you are offering wouldn’t likely even buy a sheet of acrylic to put into it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Full disclosure, I am also Canadian, eh!

1 Like

If any of you trek out to the show flow, you can probably talk @aeva, @bailey, @Kiko, @Kusmeroglu, or I into getting you an upsidelfie (selforge?) if things aren’t too busy. :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes

hahaha… it’s a Forgey

…no…no Mr FBI and Secret Service guy… not that kind!!

1 Like

This is going to be the new thing we all have to do…

2 Likes

OK, now I’m almost sorry I’m not at CES.