It's that time of year again!

Just wanted to drop in and say hey y’all!! I have been working hard on my gingerbread template, so I haven’t been around too much. I have to say, what a difference a year makes! I haven’t had to ask ONE question on how to do anything, and unlike last year, drawing the whole thing in Inkscape took all of a couple of hours! I hope it turns out, but either way it’ll be fun for sure! How is everyone? I need to go catch up on my reading here, I got lost a while ago and haven’t been able to keep up!

19 Likes

@ElsieH gave me a sneak peak of this year’s gingerbread project… it’s going to be worth the wait!!! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I remember your first post about Inkscape and one section of your house. When you shared pictures of the final result, I was blown away. I can’t wait to see this year’s house.

5 Likes

I had to look it up for reference…

Wow, I cannot wait to see what you come up with again!!

5 Likes

Thanks! I suppose I should clarify that I did ask ONE question, which was about hipped roofs. And I guess doing that stupid roof took longer than drawing everything else combined, what with cutting it out 50 times on foam board. But now I’m at the stage where my house once again smells alternately like fresh baked gingerbread and fresh burned gingerbread (which really stinks lol). I’m just glad to have something fun to do while in quarantine, and glad that flour is now back in stock :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do so love this machine! Here is a tiny preview

15 Likes

Notre Dame? Something French for sure… :thinking:

2 Likes

Such incredible detail… in gingerbread! This is crazy!

3 Likes

Haunted house?

3 Likes

My guess is something with a fairy door.

3 Likes

Loving all the guesses… but you are all incorrect :smiley:

4 Likes

Well…?

3 Likes

I’ll tell you when it’s done :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Getting very close to construction! Here’s another small preview. I really think this one is going to be awesome!!

5 Likes

You really ought to be entering those in some kind of a contest. Don’t they have seasonal gingerbread house competitions?

2 Likes

I am on pins and needles waiting for the unveil.

2 Likes

Thanks Jules! I just might actually, since all the contests are pretty much virtual this year. My objection to them all along has been putting all that work into something I have to deliver and then don’t see again until after Christmas. It will just depend on when I can get it finished, and the various deadlines, which all are usually well before Thanksgiving. Plus, the big one, which is at the Grove Park, has a rule that an entry can’t have more than some percentage of the total project done with a laser cutter lol. That happened after the winner in 2018 had an extremely detailed entry with mostly all laser cut elements.

2 Likes

I can see it all coming together! :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, I can tell this is going to be amazing. I can hardly wait to see what you have come up with!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.