I've been too friendly?

Everyone needs to stop posting for a while, I’ve run out of likes. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (I didn’t know I could do that.)

22 Likes

Many frequently do. :grin:

3 Likes

You just need higher standards :wink:

7 Likes

Hey it gave me one more… then said I would have to wait an hour.

Can you buy more? Like in a video game.

3 Likes

If you do it 20 times you get a badge for it. (Crazy in Love.)

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I know!!

Hey it gave me another one. Is this like doling out treats… "here, have one, now wait a bit and you can have another.

I assume then we are limited on the number in a rolling 24 hours?

8 Likes

That’s why my wife let me have this thing. :wink:

3 Likes

I have not once run out, I don’t even suspect I was close. My threshold is pretty high.

4 Likes

I guess I’m just in a giving mood today.

4 Likes

It is a pretty exclusive group,

4 Likes

please sir, may i have some more?

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pink Floyd - “If you don’t eat yer meat, you can’t have any pudding
How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat yer meat?”

3 Likes

I didn’t realize it was so few people over the years.

3 Likes

I am not joking — this is the absolute truth.

When I saw Crazy In Love with someone’s profile I thought they were expressing their love for their wife or husband!!

2 Likes

In the long wait many of us would run out of them, at one point Dan increased the count.

My “standards” for giving them out is community participation. If a post is interesting, inspiring, made me think, or smile, the least I could do is acknowledge their effort. It’s an encouragement for the individual to know their action is appreciated.

Across these years I have watched how this community has evolved, and I have been proud to be a member of such a helpful, inclusive, inspiring group of intellectuals. We come from all walks of life, across the spectrum of disciplines and experiences to find ourselves gathered and communing here.

You endevor to share something interesting or amusing
with me, I will throw a “like” at you. It costs me nothing, and demonstrates your effort is appreciated. Thank you for being part of this place. :heart:

14 Likes

I have been and still am a member of may forums. This is hands down the best I have every joined. You and many others have helped me tremendously either directly, through previous posts or your comments on current topics. It has given me a greater understanding and becoming better at this craft. It is you and all the others that should be thanked.

8 Likes

this only continues to work if new members are also helpful and polite (for the most part). so thanks for being a part of the continued success.

5 Likes

Agreed, hands down. Unlike many groups there is a marked absence here of those who freed by the on-line anonymity to openly judge or criticize others.
Too bad we can’t celebrate our differences rather than persecuting them. :grin:

4 Likes

I participated in what I believe is the greatest educational, social and cultural program in history, Up With People. We were students ranging from 18 to 27 years of age from 100+ countries, traveling the world sharing our cultural differences with others. We in turn learned some of their culture and I carry those with me to this day. Through our differences, I learned just how much we are alike.

BTW- They were originally based out of Tucson but are in your neck of the woods (Denver)

4 Likes

“…by acting from a place of hope and optimism, we can unite countries, cultures, and communities, and join forces in making the world a more hopeful, peaceful and trusting place.”

Outstanding.

4 Likes