Jewelry Glue for wood and acrylic?

I’m so surprised that a forum search did not yield a definitive answer. I would like to make broach pins and earrings. Is E6000 the best glue for wood to pin blank?

If I get brave enough for acrylic, what is the best glue to adhere that to a pin blanks?

I hope I get enough hours so I am confidently make good quality jewelry on my “baby”

2 Likes

For that application I would be tempted to use that UV cured resin, like Bondic for example. Unlimited work time, and cures right now.
For acrylic, I would recommend roughing the surface a bit to give any adhesive some “Tooth”.

5 Likes

I’ve had good success using a thick CA, but you do want to sand the surfaces with a coarse sandpaper to give them some tooth.

I’ve also used E6000 on a lot of projects, and it should do fine as well.

(I just don’t care for it as much cause it tends to dry out in the tube. And I wind up stringing it all over the place. If you’re non-klutz, it should be okay.)

7 Likes

Ditto E6000 drying up. I’ve also had it peel off metal, even when there’s a decent tooth. 2 part epoxy has been my go-to for most projects.

1 Like

What brand do you prefer?

I’ll have to check when I get home. . .

I like thistothat.com for adhesive advice.

4 Likes

This is a great site!

Tightbond Instant Bond Wood Adhesive has worked very well for me with wood and acrylic. It works as advertised though and bonds immediately.

4 Likes

Sorry it took so long for me to remember to check! The package I have is “2-Ton Clear Weld Epoxy”. I think I got it at Ace Hardware maybe.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!!

1 Like