Johnnie Walker

Having been limited on my mobility since my “crash” in March 2020 I have to resort to walking aids such as canes and walkers.
I came up with this modification to my walker to help me.

What better name for a walker than “Johnnie”
And of course there are many ways to add an assortment of amenities and attachments.

74 Likes

Excellent idea! :sunglasses: I can see different configurations for the day’s given tasks.
Nice organization for your lathe.

7 Likes

Johnnie Walker Black? :rofl:
(smooooth)

12 Likes

We did a recording of a stage play last summer (pandemic and all) called The Man from Earth. They, in the play, drink a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue and make a big deal about it. Since my brother was the director, I took it upon myself to buy director and stage manager gifts for the production and that included the small, airline sized bottles, of JWBlue. For 4 bottles, it was over $100 for 4 bottles. I also made him a jigsaw puzzle with the script cover with my GF, and anodized aluminum business cards with the same print.

8 Likes

Have you seen " JOHNNIE WALKER SCOTCH WHISKY “DISCOVERY” SET 5 X 50 ML"
contains
Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky
Johnnie Walker Double Black Blended Scotch Whisky
Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky
Johnnie Walker 18 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky

9 Likes

No, but I’d like to. :grin:

5 Likes

I don’t drink anymore, but it sounds delightful.

3 Likes

Great idea I may make a friend something similar

Does that just sit by gravity or is there some hidden screw I’m not seeing?

Apropos of walker, but not Johnnie - for someone who uses their hands, and needs the support of a walker, my sister and then father got one of these Lifegliders and it’s been amazing. Full support (you can literally lift you legs off the ground and wiggle and you won’t fall over) and no walker hunch.
Anyway, this is a video they made when it was a baby company, and they’ve grown since then :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYFzthy2UU

5 Likes

FM
Here’s a photo of Johnnie’s back that shows the rear spacer, the front support and the name plate that are attached with Chicago screws.
Johnnie's back

8 Likes

OMG! That is perfect!

1 Like

My father would love this! I’ll have to measure his walker when I visit. Great idea!

4 Likes

Very smart!

1 Like

Keeeep Walking! Nicework!

This is awesome on every level! Love the name play!

1 Like

I like your sense of humor. But sorry about the crash.

1 Like

Got an appreciative chuckle out of me! Way to make the best of your change in circumstances! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is great! Fantastic thinking! Hoping your recovery is getting easier each day.

Getting ready for a hip replacement. This may come in handy! Great idea!

1 Like