Johnsons Plastics now carries Glowforge sized acrylic sheets

Yeah, did you have a question about it? Here are some things I’ve made from 2-color acrylic they sell.

7 Likes

I usually buy from estreet - i’ve had great experience with them and their prices are great.

When was the last time you placed an order? Are they still backed up like they were early on in pandemic?

I placed an order about 6 months ago and it shipped in less than a week - I think I ordered on a Sunday and it shipped by Friday-ish.

1 Like

They could easily sell those smaller strips. I’d charge slightly more per sq ft for the larger pieces and slightly less for the smaller ones to balance things out.

they generally do sell those smaller pieces, but they make less money on them. smaller pieces like that are generally less desirable and are often sold in off-cut bins, not as sheets on their web site.

remember, we hobby buyers are a small portion of the purchasers for those bigger firms like JPPlus. sign makers, model shops, etc, are less likely to buy small pieces than large.

While this is true, there are plenty of small businesses who could use the smaller sheets and might be willing to purchase those instead to save a bit per sq ft. People sell their scraps for ridiculous amounts of money all the time.

The 12x20 sheets are hobby machine size, too…

all i can do is share what i’ve seen. i haven’t seen an apples to apples comparison for jpplus, but when i’ve seen sites for the big vendors (not etsy) sell 12x20 and 12x24, they sell for the same price. maybe that’s changing? i haven’t been buying much material lately (still have a ton in my stash).

selling 12x18 is actually less wasteful and easier to sell everything than 12x20. you get 2 more sheets out of a 48x48 parent sheet and leave a more sellable 12x12 sheet as the leftover. a 7" wide strip is less desirable.

1 Like

Hi Dan, yes, I am wondering how small the font can be. I am interested in making name tags.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.