Joshforge II is in the house

(@jkopel’s house)

Looking forward to hearing what he cooks up next! The differences between this Joshforge I & II are small (engrave settings tuning, better airflow balance, etc) but we wanted him to have the latest hardware and firmware.

46 Likes

To work @jkopel ! Ya mule! Faster faster!

11 Likes

24 Likes

Gee thanks for stealing my thunder @dan I have been sitting here composing my “heeees back” post! :smile:

31 Likes

LOL. Post it anyway!

11 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

S/w and h/w ? Or just firmware. Other then him breaking the first one if it was just s/w are you ota update ready atm or would he have brought it back in to the shop anyway to do a hardlink update

1 Like

I am anticipating a pretty quick turnaround for the next few projects, since @jkopel has had a couple of weeks of downtime and likely has already planned and created the designs for a few things. :wink:

7 Likes

Great to get another machine in the hands of the best Glowforge beta tester on the planet! :wink:
Thank you sir for your time in wringing the laser out for us, and the cool projects you share.

13 Likes

Sadly I am super busy with work ATM, but I do have a few things in the hopper™
@markevans36301 I think you nailed it. :smile:

14 Likes

but will @dan ever let you name your own forge?

3 Likes

When the day comes that all betas are returned to their source and the Glowforges flow freely to eager makers the world over, then I shall name my own forge.

Until then I guess I am stuck with joshforge 2.
Not that there is anything wrong with that…

20 Likes

Have you considered Joshuaforge 2 by chance? :upside_down:

9 Likes

so just over you get over the DT’s the glow folk get you back on the vein. oldest trick in the book the free sample…

4 Likes

Hmmm, that has a kinda nice ring to it I guess.

3 Likes

Or… Joshuaforge The Second ? :smiley:

3 Likes

I noticed that @Dan mentioned that JoshForge was in the booth and you can clearly see Joshforge2 listed on screen in @trilo’s video at about 6m30s:

7 Likes

so josh forge 2 was actually the unit they where using for the talk

josh by proxy your beta device is a star

5 Likes

It’s true! We’re still checking over all units by hand before pressing them into service, and JFII went from factory, to our office for a once-over, to Maker Faire, to Josh.

17 Likes