Journey to the center ruler

If you like rulers and liked my international ruler, then you might like this centre-line based ruler.

Unfortunately, this time I won’t be providing OpenSCAD code to go with it, just the finished SVG.

Improvements:

• sub-inch 1/32th marks
  • cut logo, rather than engraved… so now you can admire the accuracy of cuts, or pop the logo out to hang it on a nail!*

(*) I haven’t tried that last part yet. But it’s a good idea, no? :smile:

:link: Download Link

55 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

2 Likes

Super sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :grin: :+1:

(Going to print one promptly.)

2 Likes

I’m kind of waiting for some friendly but rabid Glowforge lawyer to burst in and start clubbing me over the unsanctioned use of the logo hole… :smiley:

7 Likes

Love it!!

2 Likes

When I first got the prerelease and did the founders ruler, I went insane over the cutout of the logo. I just kept looking at it and showing it to people. I carried it with me to demonstrate how precise the laser worked. I ended up making earings out of something like it.

8 Likes

Ha! Yeah, I remember the earrings. But this is more manly! You can stick it in your shirt pocket and have the Glowforge logo sticking out on a stick. Heh.

1 Like

This is awesome. I bet that in a year we will need an index of rulers.

1 Like

16 Likes

Did they cut?

3 Likes

Ahhh, maple. The Canadian wood. I approve. :laughing:

7 Likes

Yep! The cut is underneath the pink. :relaxed:

(I switched the engrave to score though, to speed it up, and they scored a little too deep, so I’ll need to recut them.)

1 Like

Not sure how to download that. The link gives me the image of it, but no options. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Right-click on the link, Save Link As… should work.

2 Likes

Yep. Thanks Dan! Give me something to remember you by. :grin:

3 Likes

Much better the second time around! :grinning:

6 Likes