June Update Discussion

My Singapore date is Nov 1 (BEFORE they update it next week) . . .
Wanna swap?

@dan, does this mean you are doing proofgrade wholesale? I have both an online and B&M store and weā€™d love to carry it.

2 Likes

This statement from Dan makes me Wonder: Ā«Of course, should you decide you canā€™t wait any further, you can email support@glowforge.com to get a refundĀ» Are these delays now strategic? Almost like hoping the few (?) customers from troublesome countries would cancel to make things easier? It reads like a reasonable and easy choice: it is not! We have waited and dreamed for three years now!!! Please maintain your effort- it would be really depressing to hear after so much waiting that our countries are not compatible after allā€¦

1 Like

It shouldnā€™t.

Dan has always been very, very open about anyone who wants a refund prior to delivery, can get a refund.

I donā€™t know how many times heā€™s mentioned the word ā€œrefundā€ but itā€™s been well over 50.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=%40dan%20%22refund%22%20order%3Alatest

No, not every single message is about obtaining a refund. But, a fair number of them are.

Oh wowā€¦ Payment plansā€¦ This may just be what gets me to order a second unit.

via GIPHY

6 Likes

I can certainly understand the thought, but in my experience if you offer something there is always one customer who does it/uses it. So if that was the idea Dan would go from N customers in a country to N-C, where N-C > 0, so heā€™d actually be worse off. You could argue at some point N-C would fall below a threshold and theyā€™d forcibly refund the remaining, but that is not how glowforge has acted in the past. Having worked almost twenty years in an industry where obtaining a long list of regulatory approvals is the norm their initial delays didnā€™t surprise me - it happens to companies with long experience and plenty of expertise. The level of delays is starting to make me wonder if there is something unique about lasers.

We havenā€™t announced any plans along those lines, but itā€™s a great idea and definitely on our radar.

Weā€™ve been working hard at it for years now - we very much want to get you your Glowforge!

If you are looking for an Australia distributor, we are happy to help as well.

Iā€™m very excited about the Proofgrade materials being made available to non-owners! I work in a public library makerspace and weā€™ve been discussing how to make this more available to patrons. We want to keep it to Proofgrade for now, but want patrons to be able to pick their materials and not just rely on what we have on hand. Please, please make these materials more universally available (maybe Amazon!)

2 Likes

Will all undelivered countries see a push in dates or just a few?

I agree. We need more details as to whyā€¦ Wondering if itā€™s better to just try and drive it over for Canadians.

I know we wont get any details why. But knowing which countries are effected would be great.

Unfortunately, driving to the border isnt something Iā€™m able to do at the moment. Especially where it is a 7 hour drive

:+1:That is a comfort to hear ! Thanks!

Proofgrade for Amazon prime anyone? THAT would be amazing. I definitely would buy more often :wink:

8 Likes

Very disappointed apartment dweller here. Again.

There are a few options but they will honestly be at least as much as your laser. They are designed for the professional laser industry so overkill for our little machines

Wow! Still more delays?! Iā€™m glad I canceled the airfilter when I had the chance. Let me be the first to address the lack of updates in the software. The hardware is fine as is but the software is still in betaā€¦ for 2 years now?! Come on. Update that thing!

2 Likes

Itā€™s about time somebody pointed that out!

2 Likes

Iā€™m using a german air filter (Iā€™m in Italy), and it works very well. Itā€™a a ā€œTBH BF 200Rā€ (it costed around 2000 euro). (PS: not that I endorse it better than the Glowforge one, itā€™s just that I happened to have it already, because of an old lasercutter I owned)