Just a little WIP

If anyone can guess what this will ultimately be I’ll be pretty surprised. Not going to say until it’s done, but I’ve been designing for the last week and a half and probably have another week to go before I can call it complete. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wild guess: struts in a christmas carousel assembly.

3 Likes

Negative. Recreating something in the style… of something that’s about 150 years old. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A candle holder?

Nope. Tick that one off the list of possibilities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The bottom front and back legs of a trunk or box?

it’s going to be PART of the front of… something.

I’m getting a little hungry for gingerbread… About that time of year I think. :rofl:

5 Likes

edge for a composite leather wood book binding.

1 Like

The side panels of a fortune teller automoton box…

3 Likes

Nope. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Now the question is do you actually have a plan or are you fishing for ideas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

2 Likes

Ooh. Very interesting guess. I never would have guessed that one myself.

I gave two very big clues that when combined, almost gives it away. But they are so old that it’s possible that nobody will even know what they are called now. :slight_smile:

I’ve been designing the pieces for almost 2 weeks now. I have about 3/4 of a plan. I’m deconstructing my "parts _______ " and measuring and making small tweaks to the original design to bring it up to speed for 2020 instead of 1860.

Last clue. It will sit on a mantle. :rofl:

2 Likes

I will also say that what I am re-creating is PERFECT for laser cutters as they were originally made from plywood and had designs like the ones in my picture PRESSED into the wood. There are some that are very sparse and not very good looking and there were some that got pretty elaborate and utilized more than just “pressed, bonded wood veneers”. They were very popular from just after the civil war until about world war 1. Eventually there were so many of them in circulation that they just couldn’t sell any more. Everyone had one. If that doesn’t, along with my other clues, give it away… nothing will.

Tintype photo frame mat?

nope. :smiley:

A little clip from an original piece…

1 Like

Tick … Tock … Tick …

4 Likes

mantle clock?

2 Likes

I would say a clock or a barometer/ temp setup.

2 Likes

All the clues are there. A Gingerbread Clock

2 Likes