Just a Quickie (butterfly pitcher coaster)

I think one of the first engraves @rebecca did was a leaf with a ton of fine little veins:

This thing can definitely handle some detail

26 Likes

One of the benefits of having a laser is you can make another one when this one breaks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When people come over and remark on how cool something is, they are always so excited and surprised when I tell them to just keep it. Their eyes light up, because its incredible… but once you have a laser, you can make another one in a matter of the push of a button. So now I just carry around pieces Ive made multiples of, and if someone likes it I just give it to them. Everyone at my office has something I made on the laser. So much fun.

20 Likes

Yep. You can find the design on Thingiverse. I wanted to tip the designer, but the account is not set up for tips.

With this design, bigger is better. This image is 7" x 10". I tried to run it at 2" x 3" and it burned some of it up…“teachable moment.”

11 Likes

If I remember correctly, in this file there were actually a number of paths that overlapped incorrectly causing some pieces to be lasered off from the rest completely, which left those voids. So if someone is to attempt this, know that beforehand, and that itll take a little work to get those sections fixed where they wont just fall out after lasering.

3 Likes

That is an awesome leaf for sure! :grin:
(I wonder if it wouldn’t hold up pretty well in acrylic?)

4 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes