Just another Scrabble Project

Had a heck of a time with the “burn” on this project. Consistency of the wood made it difficult with all the close lines… glue in the mahogany ply would not allow for a clean cut all the way through but I got 'er done.

53 Likes

That’s great!

I only wish people in my family would play Scrabble with me!

10 Likes

That is a beautiful set that will last generations.

8 Likes

Looks great but name on game begs a question. Is Voigt considered a valid word in your rules?

6 Likes

it isn’t in the standard rules, proper name and all.

3 Likes

Wow! At first I thought the pieces were made from the holes that were cut for the spaces. Then I realized the pieces are sitting on top of the holes and not falling in. Did you use the cut-outs as backs so that the pieces wouldn’t fly out? Like on a rough road?

4 Likes

CMadok, Everything but the game pieces are out of 1/8" Draft board the game pieces are cut from 1/4" mahogany to make them taller than the holes so you can grab them and pull them out if need be instead of turning the board over to dump them out. I will add that the backing is made of 1/8" birch and I engraved the direction onto the backside of lid of the box.

9 Likes

LOL!!! I’m just the maker :wink:

1 Like

This is so lovely!!

4 Likes

My family and I have never played Scrabble!

I love scrabble1 do you share the files to create this?? It’s so kool!!

This is fantastic! I haven’t played in quite some time.

1 Like

Lookin’ good

This is outstanding! @marthajackson1970 maybe your family would play scrabble with you if you made a set this nice? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My favorite Glowforge projects…games.

2 Likes