Just because we loved him

Sharing just because he was so beautiful and is missed horribly. Our first Neapolitan Mastiff, Napoleon.

39 Likes

resting wrinkle-face is the best.

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss @ovm.steve

1 Like

He is so cute…sorry for your loss. That would make an awesome 3d engrave.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. A beautiful dog.

3 Likes

Loosing a beloved pet is the very worst. Truly sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

I know the pain. So sorry for yours. I’m glad you have other dogs to help you.

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I agree with this! There is enough shade difference in that to do a cool (near 3D) engraving. The darker areas get more power and lighter ones less so running multiple passes will sculpt it!

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful shot of Napoleon. {Hugs} on your loss :frowning:

2 Likes

Pets truly become family members. So sorry for your loss

1 Like

Thank you, I’d love to do one but I haven’t figured out the 3d depth maps yet.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. We lost our 12 and 13 year-old Goldendoodle and Lab within a month of each other in October. I had not been on this page yet today and had just taken a break from trying to figure out how to make all of the adjustments to a photo of our dogs so I can make a 3D Christmas ornament we’ll have to put on the tree next year…well, this year now. :broken_heart: :paw_prints:

1 Like

Try my suggestion, go greyscale, adjust the brightness, sharpen, and with each pass the dark cuts deeper. :+1:
I think you might be surprised - I was.

2 Likes

I’ll do that. I just bought the Adobe Suite so I’ll give it a sharpening and try it tomorrow. Thank you.

1 Like

Oh, what a sweet face. I’m so sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Would you use medium PG Draftboard?

I did you different exposure adjustments.

2 Likes

I think the second one would do well.

I think that would work, I have only done the basswood and Cherry just because the outside of the engraving is finished, but there are good ways to finish it. The dimension it will be the eye-drawing aspect IMO. As a test to see if the result pleases you enough to commit a more expensive material.

I remember doing three passes on this with vary power;

And being quite surprised at how well it turned out.
I’m anxious now to see the result of that great shot of that beautiful animal!

2 Likes

Regarding lightness/contrast, bump up the contrast and lighten (see the white walker above) to where it looks too much. Also sharpen a lot!

2 Likes

yes, when you engrave a photo, it needs to look like you overdid it, otherwise it will engrave darker than you expect.

2 Likes

@PrintToLaser @shop

Here’s a test print on mdf

8 Likes