Just cleaned and now won’t take picture

I cleaned my Glowforge yesterday. Now I’m unable to start a print because it says the camera won’t take a picture. I have checked the connections, I have checked the belt tension, I have wiped off all lenses with a Zeiss wipe. What else is there to check?

Did you spray anything inside the Glowforge? When you get the error about the camera, you are instructed to double check the black lid cable connections.(5 of them) I assume these are the connections you have checked.

2 Likes

I did spray Dawn Powerwash. I tried not to spray directly on any cables but there was so much gunk under the lid. Should I unhook all the connections and let it air out?

Definitely let it air out. I don’t know whether unhooking the connections is a good idea or not.

Gee thanks. Super helpful.

I’m having the same issues but didn’t directly touch any connections with anything other than a zeiss wipe.

Hi, @angietrader1973 My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

It looks like you have an email ticket with us already! I just responded to you via email with the next steps to get you back up and running.

I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!