Just getting started

I am new at this.
To the left of my screen it says “enter settings” What does that mean?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum

Enter settings means what power, speed and lpi would you like the laser to use.

I strongly suggest you work through the tutorials and much of this will become clearer.

5 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I will read the tutorials again.
Is there a live person group that I could discuss more of this.?

1 Like

Not really, but the forum is full of live people like me who will help you. Once you get past the first project or two it will be easier. I will be happy to help you however I can for the next hour or so if you want to work through your first print.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help @dklgood! The Learn by Doing tutorials are a great place to start. Another resource to help you get started is one you’ve already found: our Glowforge Community! They’ve created a wealth of tutorials to get you started using your Glowforge right away. You can find these in the Tips & Tricks section of the community forum, as well as Troubleshooting for the most common problems.

I really like the Learn by Doing tutorials; each one takes you step by step through a simple project and teaches you something new! It’s a great way to explore your Glowforge’s possibilities.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have further questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Hope you enjoy getting to know your Glowforge!