Just sits there preparing

I have been trying for the past 2 days to get my design to print. It scans and focuses then it just sits there preparing a print for about 20 minutes then it stops printing. Please help!! I have a lot of orders to do and can’t get anywhere. What do I do to get it to work? I have tried restarting and even unplugging the machine and letting sit for over 5 minutes and it still does it. HELP!! I’ve cleaned my machine and everything too.

Try the gift of good measure on proof grade. If that works you will have proven the machine is operating correctly and the file is the issue.

3 Likes

I will try it.

1 Like

Now the button just turned green. What does that mean?

So I figured out what the green button was for. I re-set up wifi and it’s all working but my machine is still sitting in the preparing print stage.

The gift of good measure works fine but it isn’t working on the same thing I cut yesterday. Still just sits there preparing.

I have experienced that with a file I had two sides of a token design superimposed on and duplicated… :roll_eyes:
The machine would finally balk after about 15 minutes trying to prepare. it took me a long time to figure it out, and boy, did I feel stupid.

I suggest you drop the file here and let the hive mind have a look at it.

1 Like

Here is the file :smiley: It’s pretty simple. I appreciate the help!!
Cajun Magnets

1 Like

I just copied one into my design app and you have…um, well sort of…doubles. Not sure exactly what happened here…but, it’s a mess. And, they’re all doubled up like that. Looks like if you drag and delete the messy layer off the top that the remaining stuff will work just fine.

4 Likes

This is exactly what happened with theirs, too.

3 Likes

Nice work. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Viewing in outline mode is a good way to check your design for issues like that.

1 Like

I work pretty much in outline mode (Inkscape) all the time. The only time I flip to regular view is when I need to assign path colors to separate the steps.

1 Like

One of your magnets has 24,000+ nodes, so I think you will need to rework the file and simplify things while also eliminating duplications.

2 Likes

The total number of nodes the GF can handle is a little under 40,000. Your design is way too complex and there is no reason to have all of those small designs as vectors. Rasterize them (in Inkscape it’s called Convert to Bitmap)

3 Likes

There you go. You need to keep this forum in your toolbox, it is the best accessory for your laser!

1 Like

Dang! I wonder how that happened. I will fix it. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Thanks so much for your help!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.