Just wasted a thick cherry plywood - not cut through

I’ve been cutting other thick plywood, but this one didn’t cut through. :face_with_head_bandage: :cry: Sometimes I wonder if I don’t have time for this.

I noticed that it had a strange look to the core to it before cutting, but it was still :proofgrade:… Those were the spots that didn’t cut. Well, I guess it was a bad board.

1 Like

Also, in this case, a majority of the large cut step was fine, because it was bad parts of the board that didn’t get cut through. It’s a cut step that covers most of the entire print area. I removed the couple of pieces that were cut fine, and in the moment I didn’t feel comfortable running the entire cut again, unnecessarily lasering up against the cut edge of the places that worked… But is that what’s recommended?

Try as they might, even :glowforge: can’t change some of the… artistic choices that nature has made.
You should probably post a pic of the “bad parts” so they can see it and hopefully credit you for the board.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that your print didn’t turn out. Can you take share a photo of the piece of Proofgrade that you had a problem with and a photo of the QR code on that piece of Proofgrade?

Notice the change in the core here to a darker material. That section didn’t cut through. Is it recommended to run an entire large cut again even though only one area that didn’t cut through? Since the rest of the board (with the normal core) cut through nicely, I was hoping this would just pop out easily with a little force, but that was not the case.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve passed along your feedback so we can continue to strive toward a consistent Proofgrade experience. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know by opening a new topic or reaching out to support@glowforge.com.