Keep getting errors when trying to recalibrate?

I moved my GF and need to recalibrate. I’ve tried at least 4 times (probably more). I’m using proof grade draft board with the sticker not visible. The GF gets to the last recalibration steps and throws an error stating that there is a material issue, please retry using proof grade material and make sure it’s white? Has anyone else had this problem and possibly know a fix???

It sounds like the cameras might be having trouble differentiating between the burned marks and the paper…what might help is to clean the two small round windows on the bottom of the head, as well as the lens and the lid camera lens. (Clean all of the optical path components while you’re at it so you get a good strong beam.) Then you can try again.

(If you have large white masking paper, you can just place that over one of the other attempts so you don’t continue to waste material.) But the camera needs to see very good contrast between the marks and the white paper, and you need to make sure to pull the material down close to and almost touching the front door.

2 Likes

Many people have moved their Glowforge and never needed to recalibrate. How far off is you camera alignment?

I’ve cleaned the cameras several times. I’ll try cleaning them again. And yes, I’ve been covering with the masking paper. Gotta love that wasted material!

Just did another camera cleaning. It appears there was a small amount of “goop” on one of the cameras under the head. Took care of that and will try again tomorrow . Thanks for the assistance

1 Like

Awesome! Hope that fixes it! :grinning:

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @norris.melvin.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.