Keeps going offline

Very odd, since I power cycled it this morning, it keeps going offline. First, I did a job, and it got stuck “cooling”.
I’ve restarted the network.

I’d like to give it a static/reserved IP so I can tell a bit more about it’s status from the router… what’s the OUI prefix for the wifi adapters? (i.e. the first 6 characters of the MAC. Should be all the same if they buy the wireless cards from the same source for all units…

little help?

Worth noting that there’s an outage in progress: https://statuspage.glowforge.com/
I wouldn’t bother changing anything until that’s resolved.

1 Like

I’ve been having all sorts of issues similar to yours all day today.

I’m sorry for the trouble. As @chris1 pointed out, we were experiencing an outage earlier today that may have contributed to the issues you were experiencing. The outage has now been resolved, and you can find more details at status.glowforge.com.

Unfortunately, we don’t support any particular method to set a static IP address on your Glowforge. However, if you want to pull the MAC address of your Glowforge, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Reboot your Glowforge.

2. Wait at least 30 seconds, or until the Printer Head stops moving.

3. Open your browser and go to setup.glowforge.com.

4. Open the Javascript Console (in Chrome, this can be found under View > Developer > Javascript Console. In Firefox, it is found under Tools > Web Developer > Web Console).

5. Follow the Wi-Fi Setup steps until you are connected to the Glowforge Wi-Fi access point. The page will say “Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi”.

6. In the Console, paste the following code:

fetch('http://192.168.192.1:3000/setup/connection_status').then((response) => { return response.json() }).then((data) => {console.log(data.address)})

1. This should return a bit of code that looks something like the following:

Promise {<pending>, nr@context: r}

a1:b2:c3:d4:ee:f5

Here’s how it looks in the Javascript Console on Google Chrome:

The second line in this response, a1:b2:c3:d4:ee:f5, is the MAC address.

1. Exit the webpage, reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network, and reboot your Glowforge.

Please let me know if you’re still running into any trouble. Thanks!

1 Like

obviously that a1:b2 bit is a fake. If I knew the real one, I’d be able to find it in the ARP table of my router and assign it a static IP.

My problem has resolved so it’s most likely the outage was causing me to glitch.

John

The details given in the instructions were for example only, I’m sorry for any confusion. You’d need to pull up the MAC address of your Glowforge using the steps given in order to find your own.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.

1 Like