Keeps scanning and would not come online anymore(Resolved)

Today we did some cutting without any problems.

While rendering a new design the printer just keeps scanning.
It did that for like 2 hours then it went offline. We did turn the printer of and on but no changes.

We restarted our wifi. Did a wifi test next to the printer all OK.
Than we went to the forum and than tried to reset the printer and reconnect to our wifi.

With no luck. It keep displaying a issue while we reconnect. No connecting with te printer while on the glowforge printer wifi. No problems with other devices we use here.

It came online 1 time and was gone a second later

Can anyone help.

Greetings from holland

It sounds like a WiFi connectivity issue. I’d suggest:

1. Reboot your router.
  2. Move the router and Glowforge closer to each other.
  3. Try a different 2.4 GHz channel.
  4. Try a hotspot with a solid signal just as a test.

Thanks for the fast reopens TOM

We did that already . There is a airport express, 1 meter from the printer now.

It keeps telling me there is a device error while connecting to our network.

“While trying to setup your Glowforge, it became no longer reachable or responded in a unexpected way”.

Then we do the same thing again but this message keeps coming back

It just started scanning again and keep that mode

What channel are you currently using? I’ve found 1, 6, or 11 tend to work the best for the Glowforge. If you’re already using one of those, try switching to another.

Hi Tom

We have it up and running again .It seems there was a construction going on 2 blocks from here.
They had hit some wiring in the ground. Thats fixed now and we have a stabile connection now.

So the problem was not the printer!!!

Thanks for your input and fast respons. That really helped

Greetings from holland

7 Likes

Glad you got it working.

Strange that:

1 Like

Glad that you got it working, AND happy that you re-posted that everything is OK. So many people post a problem report and then never post back if it is resolved. Wastes Support Staff time chasing other solutions. Shows you were raised well.

1 Like

That may be environment-specific advice*, dependent on what channels are in use by other nearby networks. There is software available that can analyze WiFi spectrum use in your location so you can find the least noisy channel (which should eliminate one major cause of issues). I believe most better wireless access points from the last couple years have some mechanism for auto-selecting the least noisy channel. FWIW.

*Unless you are a WiFi expert and, have done controlled testing. In which case, never mind.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!