Keeps shutting down?

Every time I start a new project my machine only runs for a minute or two and then shuts down and says it is Cooling but it is not hot? I’ve clean the machine I’ve cleaned both fans and check to make sure the vent isn’t clogged! Any other ideas what it might be?

Are you sure the machine is within the operating limits?
The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

Its in a 67 degree room?

I have been running if in the same room and temp the last month and a half

check the front right of the unit near the bottom. that is where the intake is. if it is NOT sucking in enough fresh air the unit will heat up.

The inside of the machine could be colder if you are in a cold climate and exhausting outside. Do you disconnect your exhaust hose when not in use?

2 Likes

I checked the front right intake and that is cleaned I checked the temperature in the room and that is good I had it unhooked from the outside all night woke up this morning to start it and again after about 5 minutes it shuts down

What settings are you using when it shuts down? (speed/power)

1000/full/195

Okay… So just a rather typical engrave, it seems… not a slow, deep cut or something.
Well, I don’t have an answer for you yet, but that information definitely helps.

Rats, well I’m not sure what it may be. Have you checked all the cable connections to make sure they are all clipped in properly?

Hi there! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.