Keyrings keep breaking

If you could bend a strip as my previous post that would be awesome! I am not sure what heat/fluid would allow it to hold a shape but a long strip wrapped around a stick of scrap would make enough for a whole chain.
:grin:

It’s technically a grass and maybe that’s what makes it stronger, but for whatever reason, I’ve never had bamboo split; so I think it’s worth a shot. Your only issue will be trying to cut through it. Not saying it’s impossible, but the one time I tried I didn’t even come close. (But you can probably buy pre-cut shapes.) I’d still add a jump ring though since it relieves a lot of pressure on the hole.

3 Likes

Unless you get it wet, or worse some solvent. Then it just goes back to the sawdust from which it came. The lion above is 1/4" paduk, but hard maple, walnut, cherry, or even a fine grain white oak, would do but half as thick is a lot less than half as strong.

I believe this would be the strongest hole that you could achieve short of using a piece of aluminum cut with a jewelers saw.

3 Likes

Try making a small acrylic piece to insert into your key ring hole. This will reinforce.

This was from the premium line. I got a subscription just to get started. It is a keyring with acrylic attached but you can just use the little acryluc hole piece to reinforce.

4 Likes

That’s such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

I really like the Wooz Wooz thought as well
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

It is zoom zoom. My nephew bought a Mazda. Remember the zoom zoom commercial.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.