Knot your typical nightlight

Yes, it’s a sandwich. Medium Clear Acrylic / Wood Veneer / Medium Clear Acrylic.

The acrylic is vector scored, front and back. I originally engraved the acrylic, but scoring is faster and can be just as appealing.

The scores on the front acrylic piece are visually on top of the veneer, so they will “pop”. The scores on the backing acrylic are intended to create a shadow box effect, as the veneer appears black when it is lit up.

Some of my nightlights (the cross is one of them) have a subtle 3D appearance when seen in person. My pictures don’t capture that well.

3 Likes

These are both beautiful!
Where did you get the night light with the slit in the top? Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of these lights available. I got some from Menards, but here is one of many Amazon options. You can remove the blanks that come with the lights and use your own acrylic.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-Nightlight-Daylight-Hallway-Bathroom/dp/B01HWKEKM4/ref=sr_1_27?crid=3UTV9BVI0BV6W&keywords=acrylic+night+light+blanks&qid=1663009269&s=hi&sprefix=night+light+acrylic%2Ctools%2C104&sr=1-27

4 Likes

I have seen similar at Target and Home Depot. You could likely find them on Amazon or eBay as well.

This is the Amazon link to the night lights I use. They are very bright, which works well for this application.

1 Like

Looks like I overlooked this post back when. I love these. Great work.

1 Like