Kylah's Mobile

Here is a link to a video showing a mobile Imade for my granddaughter’s crib. The project contains parts made from several machines and processes, including many made on the Glowforge!

Please have a look!!

27 Likes

Well the mobile is very nice - but that baby is spectacularly cute. What a lucky girl to grow up with technology all around! Well done. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

“Actual baby” :stuck_out_tongue:
That the mobile pieces actually face the baby is also FTW, so many are set up so they look good for the parents, and what baby sees is duck butt!

8 Likes

Bonus points for the cutie in the crib

3 Likes

That is great! Can you slow the motion so the baby has more time to look at each item as it passes? I think I’d get dizzy! Do I hear “Shark Tank?” That could be a great seller!

5 Likes

Indeed, there are 3 speeds. The video shows the fastest. Also the clip at the end is played at 2x so it seems really fast. Thanks

3 Likes

Great project, nice shop too!

3 Likes

The mobile is very nice, but the baby stole the show! She is precious!

4 Likes

That she is!!

1 Like

Great project, but yes, the baby stole the show.

2 Likes

Most of the crib mobiles I have seen use a wind up mechanism for a motor, so this would probably be a huge hit on the market.
That said, getting it baby and electrical certified would be a nightmare I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
Shame that it has come to that, but that is our world.

Meanwhile, your granddaughter can enjoy the show, and I am sure the parents appreciated the hard work.
Excellent effort and awesome results.

5 Likes

Yep. personally, I’m good with that. I distinctly remember a toy boat I had as a child, a sheet metal hull with a sheet metal deck attached to the hull with tabs that were bent over, and a wind-up motor with an unguarded sheet metal propeller. That thing would really scoot in the tub. One day I held it out of the water and touched the free-spinning prop with my finger. Yeah. Made an impression on me. Today, my mother would own a portion of that company.

I agree that mobile would have a market, and the cost of the design insurance would take a while to recoup.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your work, love the innovation involved. As the others have said your very cute ‘actual baby’ definitely stole the show! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wow! Terrific mobile!

2 Likes

Cute mobile, adorable baby:-). I like that it faces her! Great job!

1 Like

One BIG mistake with your post… you showed that gorgeous little baby. We’ve forgotten all about the mobile! :wink:

You did a really nice job on it. That’s a lot of engineering and planning… well done!

2 Likes

I’ll gladly give the spotlight to my little sweetheart. And your right next to her the mobile is inconsequential. Thanks

2 Likes