Lady and the Tramp (with file, Happy Valentine's Day)

Hi Everyone! While I was working on this one, I decided that there are probably a lot of (or at least a few) Disney fans out there that would want to make this for their (better?) other half for Valentine’s Day, and I’m glad I was able to get it out in enough time for those that do. Personal use only of course, and please post a pic if you decide to make one, I love seeing them!

Lady and the Tramp

Thanks for taking a look and until next creation, Happy Forging!

57 Likes

One of my all-time favorites, Thanks for the share I will be making this soon. What kind of paint do you use? I have done 1 or 2 but I have used the alcohol markers and they tend to run. Thank you.

6 Likes

Oh, this one is delightful! Thank you for your generous share.

5 Likes

I try to use Sharpies or other similar permanent marker, some colors end up being Crayola washable marker, and lighter colors like white are colored pencil. I do mine on medium draftboard, the material soaks up the ink nicely, but darkens and changes the color a little, so it’s a fun challenge sometimes. I use a dry soft paint brush after any color pencil to get the dust and specks out of the engraving. Some colors I end up getting by layering different colors, or even more/less coats of the same color. I don’t seal mine, but if I were to, I’d use a spray sealer, thin coats. I tried brush-sealing something with a satin varnish one time and it reconstituted and smeared the ink! Honestly, I’m sure there are better acrylic paint pens, etc. that might give a nicer finish, but I like the detail I can achieve with the very fine felt tips.

6 Likes

If you use custom settings to make the score between the different parts of the design much heavier, that can often prevent bleed-over. Test first.

My alcohol ink markers are double-sided, one is a wide wedge for large areas, the other a fine-tip like a sharpie.

5 Likes

Looks great

5 Likes

Again, thank you for your generous share of such a well crafted file.

5 Likes

Oooo, thanks!

5 Likes

Aw this is so cute and one of my favorite shows. Thanks for the share!

4 Likes

I have a friend this would be perfect for! I will start making it immediately. Thank you so much for sharing!

4 Likes

Thanks for the file. Incredible again.

3 Likes

I had thought of that but don’t want to go too deep. I will try that On this one. Thanks for the comment.

1 Like

A score is just a cut that doesn’t go thru. It won’t hurt to go deeper.

As I said, test first and see if you like the results. Just two overlapping circles like a venn diagram.

1 Like

Thank you! Your coloring was great, as always.

1 Like

Some of my score lines, depending on what my intent for coloring is, I’ll actually change the score line to a slightly wider width in Inkscape and change it from stroke to path, so instead of the tiny thin score, I’ve got a slightly thicker engrave. Takes longer to print, but makes the design pop more, and also helps more with the bleed, depending on the look you’re going for.

3 Likes

Awesome file I’m so making this I’m new to glowforge community.how do I download this file

Welcome! Just right click and save as on the second image.

1 Like

Another great design! Thanks for sharing it. And perfect timing - I just did one of those FB things about the top grossing movie the year of your birth - mine was Lady & The Tramp!

2 Likes

Great tip! Thanks

1 Like

This is very pretty!! Thanks for sharing

1 Like