"Lakeside S'mores" diorama scene

Hi everyone! Decided to make a piece for a friend of ours who we go camping with frequently, and rather than a full cluttered camp site, I leveraged some of the layering techniques used in my Legends pieces to make this lakeside background for more of a small hiking pit-stop type area with a nice batch of s’mores for a late afternoon pick-me-up.

Used the forge to engrave/cut the 5 layer back panel, the two layer bottom frame, and the frame for the stool from medium DB. The rest is card stock, hot glue, dowels, I crocheted the backpack (she’s a bit of a hippie nature nut and will appreciate the rainbow) and made the water bottle out of a glue stick and bead. The logs are quarter and carved/painted glue sticks. I made the grooves around the frame and back as my original intent was to make a 4 sided acrylic cover to fit over it, but after getting it together, and considering my OCD when it comes to smudges and finger prints and the tiniest specks of dust, I figured I’d save myself that stress, it looks just fine without it. Overall dimensions are 5 x 5 x 5 or thereabouts.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, happy forging!

38 Likes

Looks amazing as always! Next up, the campground from the Jason movies…right?

9 Likes

HAHA! maybe? Though I did have a ‘vision’ last night for a Frankenstein book piece, so we’ll see if my muse decides to take a detour or not.

8 Likes

That’s so fun! I think I need more crafty friends… :grin:

6 Likes

Great fun! They will love it!

5 Likes

Those s’mores look delectable and I particularly like the art folder!

4 Likes

What everybody else said, and the camera is a great touch too!

5 Likes

Mmm could just eat those smores! It’s all awesome, my favourite part is the camera!

5 Likes

Outstanding.

4 Likes

Oh, this one is charming! I really like how you did the tree. This one would make a nice bookend.

4 Likes

Love it! And I know the recipient will too!

4 Likes

Love it! We camped a lot in our earlier years of marriage. Fond memories.

3 Likes