Landscape Series

I love the barn best also. It’s fabulous! Love the barn quilt.

3 Likes

Although I love the beach scene, I think I agree with several others that the barn is my favorite, even thought it isn’t my ‘style’.

1 Like

I like this!Im definitely inspired.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: The cow outline just organically happened… one of those design elements that happens from just playing around in illustrator.

2 Likes

At first, I thought the beach scene was mountains rather than clouds, but yes the barn is way more complex and would seem a different category from the others. All are wonderful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The progression was mountains, then beach and last barn. I seem to be getting more detailed as I go LOL!

1 Like

Wow. Super impressed.

2 Likes

Unreal. Very inspiring work!

3 Likes

Beautiful work! How many different wood types
in each piece?

Amazing!

2 Likes

I use Mahogany, Maple, Cherry, Red Oak, and Walnut. I used the same in every piece with no additional stain… The color way I think is what pulls them together. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amazingly beautiful!

2 Likes

Now that you mentioned it, I can too. Spring can’t come soon enough.

3 Likes

Subtle can be effective,
Nice work…

2 Likes

Beyond Awesome! What an inspiration!

1 Like

this is my favorite thing I’ve seen here so far. LOVE them.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :heart::heart::heart:

I am in awe! Absolutely stunning! I can barely engrave and cut and have no idea how you did this. Can you briefly explain the process?

1 Like

I draw/sketch the scene on paper. Then recreate it in illustrator. The landscapes are like a puzzle. Most of the pieces are cut and sectioned off by species of wood. Think of the picture like a color by number. I did score and engrave the wheat in the barn landscape. For that area I created a rasterized image of the wheat with 3 colors, white, gray and dark gray. I then placed score and cut lines on top of the image… I used draft quality and high quality score lines using 2 different colors so I could tell the glowforge how to score. The engrave was draft photo with varied power setting.
Once everything is cut, I place the pieces back together and glue them to a backer board…

2 Likes

Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing. I’m just happy if I can engrave a photo :smiley:

1 Like