Laptop Lift

Howdy!

Here’s a laptop lift I made using ProofGrade material. I designed it to not require any glue and to not wiggle at all. That of course means it requires some light tapping with a rubber mallet. I’m able to get rid of my Zoom double chin with the lift this provides! Also, I left plenty of spaces for hiding external storage and wiring.

Enjoy! See more on my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FossilForge

27 Likes

And plenty of room for air flow! (My laptop gets hot when running all day…)

5 Likes

Nice practical cut.

5 Likes

Thank you! I used the pieces that were cut out to make abstract-shaped magnets.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make one of these, because my laptop also gets blazing when editing and working. Great design, I may finally get around to making one now ( after I get around to making the 10 other things I have on my list :sweat_smile:)

Is there much flex to this horizontally?

2 Likes

There’s no flex at all! But, you need to assemble it with a mallet and be careful.

2 Likes

Nice clean practical I like it

2 Likes

Be aware that as the ambient temperature and humidity change your joints may come loose or get tight enough to break. I generally prefer to allow a little room and then glue joints to allow movement. This prevents failure due to either overly tight or overly loose joints when your material changes size.

4 Likes

Very nice indeed! Unfortunately I would need a 3 foot tall one to hide my zoom double chin. :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m with @cynd11 on the chin issue. Nice and elegant design though!

2 Likes

Well done! Like the way it is open to help keep the laptop cooler.

2 Likes

Sleek! Nicely done.

1 Like

I didn’t know that! I haven’t had it long enough to discover this sort of thing on my own. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like