Laser adding additional lines to engrave

On occasion, when engraving on the glowforge it seems to add horizontal lines to the pattern. On the reprint, with the same file there is no additional line. If I were to hazard a guess it looks like the laser is

staying on too long as it moves back and forth. Is this normal, or is my beloved glowforge malfunctioning :frowning:

1 Like

This is almost always an open path in the design. But the server may not render the paths exactly the same every time for open paths, hence it not being there all the time.

6 Likes

Interesting, that would be from the glowforge read of the file, not the SVG, correct?

Both.

If you want to engrave, they need to be closed, filled objects.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know about this. Can you provide the date and time this happened so we can investigate?

Of course last night, around 7 ish, thank you!
1/14/19 and that is Pacific time.

Thanks for the suggestions @MechanicalGoose and @jbmanning5.

@brett.mcclellan, could you try the above suggestions and let us know if you continue having problems? If you rasterize the parts of your design you want to engrave, that will also consistently prevent the extra lines from appearing.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.