Laser arm out of line

dear glowforge,

as you can see in the picture the laser arm is out of line.
I tried to tighten the belts pushing de arm backward until its straight but when I turn it on it flips back out of line. we didn’t notice until now because now we made big squares and the don’t line up.
is there another way that I did not try?
hope you can help us out!!

greetings from Patrick

IMG_2332 2

Did you already do this? https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633774-Perfect-Squares

yes I did try this, but didn’t work :sleepy:
thanks for the help!!

Hi @versterre - I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into this issue. Thanks for the great suggestion as well @dklgood

I’d like to try a follow up test to see if this is related to some sort of snag. Please hold off on printing for now. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you try the following:

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Using both hands, gently slide the laser arm all the way to the front of the unit, then all the way to the back of the unit. Note any points of resistance or bumping.
  3. If you find anything that might be the cause of the bumping, take a photo of it and attach it to your reply.

Let me know how it goes!

hi @Mike.D ,
I tried this but there is no noticeable resistance or bumping.
except for not making square squares the gf is working fine.
so I hope I can use it until you come up whit a solution!?
can you please tell me if a can use the gf whiteout consequence for warranty!?
i have to fill my shop Monday for the first time we just opened.
greetings Patrick

hi @Mike.D Mike.D I tried this please respond nothing works I loosen both belts and the carriage wil not go straight even with both belts loose.

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble. I wanted to let you know that we’ve shared detailed notes about what you’ve run into while using your Glowforge with a member of our team who is an expert on this topic. We’ll be in touch again as soon as we have additional information.

For now, if your unit is working well for projects which don’t involve creating squares, you can continue to run those projects without it impacting your warranty status.

2 Likes

super !!!

I’m afraid we’re going to need to get some additional information from you. I’ve created a support request under your email and started communication there. I’m going to close this topic for now.