Laser beam 'gave out' on me?

Has this happened to anyone else? I can’t seem to find a similar situation. It also is giving me the ‘lid open’ error and my button doesn’t work to do a set up again… I’ve already reached out to support but don’t have a definitive answer yet. Just curious if I’m gonna need to send back my machine (Its still under warranty) or just a new black cable?

Thanks for reading!!

Posting here opens another support ticket but if you have already emailed, they will continue to work with you there and close this.

Those three separate issues are unrelated. only the lid open issue would be the cable. To diagnose the power issue they would ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure on the spare draftboard they provided and post pics, but if your button isn’t working, that’s not going to work.

Yes, it is likely going to have to be returned.

Thank you!

Looking at your photo, it looks like it cut properly on one side and not the other. Is it possible that your crumb tray is not seated in the little divots on one side? It doesn’t take much to throw the focus off and prevent cutting through. :slightly_smiling_face:

What material is that?

I don’t think that the crumb tray is off because It cut 2 cuts perfectly, previous to this cut. And given that I got the yellow light after the laser stopped working makes me think it was something more.

1/8th inch primed hardboard from Home Depot. Its an 4x8 sheet and only cost $10. It cuts way nice and saves me from having to paint anything white!

The reason I asked was because plywoods sometimes have glue spots, etc. that keep them from cutting through (they often look like that) but it sounds like t could be something else.

But now that hardboard sounds like a good idea. :slight_smile:

That’s probably worth mentioning in your original help post. :slight_smile:

The yellow light only occurs for two reasons that I’ve ever seen: 1. Temp related. 2. The head having a bad connection, which could be just not plugged in all the way, damage to the pins, or damage to the cable.

1 Like

Check to make sure the white cable hasn’t come loose from the head.

EDIT: Oops, @jbmanning5 beat me to it. :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you providing the results of a recent print.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review the snag you’re hitting.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news. I’ll now close this thread.