My laser beam went off mid-print job, although the rest of the machine is still working. Restarting, unplugging/plugging back in, trying different designs, cleaning mirrors and lenses, nothing helped. The laser tube doesn’t glow either.
Here are some details:
- Was in the middle of printing a 3D engraving job into 1/4" plastic. First part went fine, then the design stopped being engraved, even though the print head still moved back and forth. This was approximately 1pm Pacific time on Monday, January 16, 2023.
- Tried reprinting the same file, no laser beam, although the head moved
I checked other threads and followed the advice from support:
- Cleaned printer head mirror (it’s fine, not melted)
- Checked printer head, no obvious damage
- Tried printing Gift of Measure design on proofgrade - went through the steps, but again, no laser (print date/time: 1:17pm Pacific Time, 1/16/23)
- After job finished, white Print button turned orange
The printer is in a garage so it can get a little cold here in the Pacific NW, so I slowly heat the space up before turning it on. I looked at the laser tube and there are no apparent cracks or any damage.
Any help much appreciated.