Laser carriage off track

There is a lot of spring tension on those back rollers it can take a bit to compress them

1 Like

Going to get canned air, as brushing and mini vac is not getting all the dust from the fan.
Thx again, I’ll try it again after getting air - will report back :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Best of luck i’m sure you will get it, that air assist fan needed a good cleaning anyway by the looks of it

Push back on one of those rear wheels with your thumb to get an idea of the amount of pressure needed to re-seat the carriage. They are pretty stiff, but need to be to keep it attached securely while in motion.

1 Like

thx! will do

UPDATE:
Cleaned again with canned air - with a bit of a struggle, I was able to get the carriage back on (yay). But, there’s so little give in the belt - is there a trick to getting it on?

1 Like

There are instructions on how to get it back on at that link that I sent you to…did you try the method they recommended to roll it back onto the motor?

1 Like

I do it like it says in the link @jules posted. except i do it on the right hand side because i have issues getting into the left there.

I tried it as I understood it, but I don’t know what you mean by 'rolling it under the motor?

This section of the instructions. (First you hook the right side of the belt on, then follow these instructions.)

The right side it so tight that i had to thread it thru and reconnect with the bolt on the carriage.

will try again- I missed the part that said use right hand to push carriage to the left

1 Like

6 Likes

Great vid! (Capturing it for the Troubleshooting Guide.) :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

Yay! i finally made it lol. But now i see i need to take my carriage back off and clean my own air assist fan :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

After loosening the clamp that secures the belt ends it is easy to get it back to the belt ends original location. Look closely at the belt ends and you will see the ends that were under the clamp are clean as opposed the where smoke stain is all over the rest of the belt.
Guess how I know that. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

That helped a lot! Then, right belt was loose - fixed that.
Then wifi had to be babied - again. Finally -did a print and it worked! Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

I do love the GF…but it sure is finicky

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like