Laser cut arcade cabinet!

This was a fun personal project for a friend. Huge learning curve but a lot of fun! The second player panel swings out from the back.

38 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

Wow. Great result.

2 Likes

Wow

2 Likes

I built one two years ago before I had the GF, but this makes me want to build another one!!!

GREAT job!

5 Likes

Thanks!! It was a blast to do! I’d love to see the one you did!

1 Like

Excellent job … Can just imagine the giddy feeling while watching this one come together.

1 Like

I was nerding out the whole time

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the reminder that future project I should make is a miniature version of my full-size cab I teamed up to build about a decade ago. First step: I need to design the Star Castle Glowforge escutcheon I’ve been meaning to do…

6 Likes

I’m really so jealous of the beautiful arcade cabinets! (Maybe one day.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I hope you do some day. It’s a good bit of fun if you like the electronics tinkering, which is what I did — though I hired out all my CNC cab construction. I run Visual Pinball tables on my machine, too, but I would really love to get around to building something like this:

2 Likes

Welp. You win!! :joy::joy:

Working at full size gives a lot of room for working—and multi-emulator ware is easily available. A good mini build leaves a lot to admire. It would be cool to have a whole bunch of dedicated small-sized historical reproduction cabinets running on Pis or whatever.

BTW, I like your illuminated buttons. When I built my cab in '07 LED hardware from Happ was still too pricey compared to what it is now…

1 Like