Laser cut house plant

Just saw this pop up on FB:

Looks like a standard acrylic laser etching, and led light. But the heat bend, and manner it is used is awesome.

I still haven’t figured out the difference of cell vs extruded acrylic. Would that make a difference in this case?

Link to Etsy shop of make:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MardeFe?ref=l2-shopheader-name

33 Likes

Very interesting. Bookmarked that page for some inspiration later.

4 Likes

Interesting looking for sure. :relaxed:

2 Likes

From the title, I thought the post was about putting plants into the Glowforge, for some reason!

4 Likes

This video shows the difference in laser cutting/engraving.

9 Likes

Also if you try to heat form extruded acrylic it can do some funky stuff like shrink and warp

5 Likes

Maybe instead of using a filter, a few bonsai plants strategically placed inside could do it? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The difference is in the etching…it frosts white on cell cast and doesn’t show well on extruded. For this application, since they etch the veins, it would need to be cast.

2 Likes

Now I wonder what type I have stock piled. Guess I’ll just wait to July to find out!

2 Likes

Oh man what a great idea! I’m going to absolutely cover my desk at work with these. No watering needed!

2 Likes

If it has a paper mask its usually printed on it and can be either…if its a plasticy mask then its usually extruded…

5 Likes