Laser cutting skateboard decks

I spent the day laser cutting some custom skateboard decks at work and I am so excited! Use some grip tape found on McMaster. Couldn’t take a picture so I found this lovely one on instructables to show off :slight_smile:

It was super easy to cut, just make sure to cut it upside down and mirror the image! I made that mistake more times than I would like to admit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

50 Likes

Cool! Quite a few things you can do with that material I’m thinking.

4 Likes

Custom stair tread grips. Maybe directions, warnings, accents.

Sigh another to add to the “laser list”.

Awesome idea @wildingwoodworks

11 Likes

Actually, that was my very first thought! I need to put some on my rear steps, so…

4 Likes

We were also doing some foot treads for drift boat trailers for some fly fishing guides up here. They look really good and it would be nice to do if I ever get one.

2 Likes

Oh! Custom stair tread grips! Excellent idea! I need to come up with something for the steps up to my home office/studio over the garage. Maybe moose footprints.

4 Likes

so frustrating when you are working on cool stuff that you aren’t allowed to show anyone!

6 Likes

Do you have a specific McMaster SKU for the grip tape you used? I’d like to do this as well, but want to make sure it’s laser safe! Cheers!

1 Like

I believe it was this stuff
6970T201

4 Likes