LaSeR EnGrAvEd handles

My handles for my new Hunting/Camping/Fishing/Everything outdoors Gilpins!!!

35 Likes

Ooh, pretty :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

I’m not a knife aficionado, but I can appreciate a pretty one. These are awesome! Are they Damascus? I don’t know much, but I’ve seen some videos by a guy named Alec Steele on YouTube that does some great Smith work, and I’m only kind of familiar with that pattern because of him.

3 Likes

Firstly, thank you very much for the kind compliments. Yes these are very high quality Damascus steel that has been folded and hammered to give this beautiful pattern. Thank you for appreciating their beauty.

3 Likes

You have a handle on engraving handles. These look fantastic.

2 Likes

What’s with the weird capitalization on the title?

1 Like

DoNt KnOw WhAt HaPpEnEd🤔

1 Like

Thank you so much!

What are those handles made of? The lighter one looks like bone while the orange one is pumpkin spice?

2 Likes

Hey Henry,
I like your way of thinking on the handles! They are actually both hickory wood. The lighter one is white hickory and the pumpkin spice is all red hickory. The white does look a lot like bone when it’s scorched. I do love the all red hickory but they are sometimes harder to come by.

2 Likes

Those blades are way too pretty to use.

1 Like

They are pretty but very tough. Use it or display it. That’s how I build my products.

Is there a difference other than color (like white and red oak might as well be totally different classes of wood). But that’s interesting, I had never heard of different hickories (to be honest I mostly use it in my smoker for meat)

2 Likes

No there is no difference as far as structural integrity. Hickory is a very dense and tough wood which is why I use it for my handles on these blades. In my opinion the red grain of hickory is more beautiful when scorched and oiled. Many knife makers don’t use hickory because it is very tough to work with and dulls saw blades very quickly. My blades are quite heavy, thick and rather stout so nothing else will suffice but the hickory.

1 Like

Wow! Incredible work!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Tom

1 Like

I super love those!

1 Like

I super appreciate that very much!

When I was younger, I was really interested in making knives and swords. I wanted to build a real forge. Then I realized to finish the job, you needed to work with wood or bone or something for the furniture–and I have no aptitude, no interest in that stuff. And the dream died. But I do like a pretty knife!

3 Likes