Laser etched silicone cup bands

Since the cup was slightly at an angle I took the band off and taped it down flat so it can easily fit in the glowforge. I got little lines I think because it wasn’t taped tightly enough and it bowed up a bit in the middle. Lesson learned for next time. :grinning:
I used the silicon stamp setting. It had a little bit of dust but not too bad. I just cleaned it off with a toothbrush and soapy water. $3 cup from Target…could sell for $15

43 Likes

How creative!! Love it!!

Just to clarify… You do not have a Glowforge right? Haha

4 Likes

This is where a jig would come in handy. Nice.

2 Likes

No, sadly…but when I get one…it’ll fit :wink:

8 Likes

Shoot. You got me excited. Haha!

3 Likes

Yup…already on it…Just experimenting to see if it would work.

2 Likes

Sadly, this one wont fit in the Glowforge, I used my rotary…

Wedding gifts almost done for my neice and her fiance’…

16 Likes

Nice work! I really like the font on the second one, what is the name of it?

4 Likes

You have a lovely sense of design.

2 Likes

I dont remember…lol I’ll check when I get back in the office tomorrow…I’ve got a bazillion fonts…lol

2 Likes

Your way of doing things is better. I’d build the jig to hold the band, then get distracted and never get around to the engraving/cutting of the band itself.

2 Likes

Stretch the band around an appropriate size/thick wood block to flatten and secure it.

8 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. A thin wedge shape might do the trick.

3 Likes

THIS IS SO EPIC!! Really excited for stuff like this

1 Like

The font used for the Aluminum Coffee cup is Pizzicato - Swash

5 Likes

I am pretty surprised that I had been unaware that we could engrave silicon. What!? Awesome!

6 Likes

Only if it has an e on the end. But most of us don’t meet the other kind up close that often.

3 Likes

Bwahaha. Thanks for the spell check…I posted it on my way out of the office last night at around 9:45pm. Serves me right for rushing…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

epic

1 Like

^ ditto this :joy:

2 Likes