Laser firing one small burst then stops

My laser is firing an initial burst then stops. the print head keeps moving as if it is still cutting.
I cut with it last night fine, and cleaned it this morning.

Welcome.

Pictures will help support see what is happening. Is it only once for the entire project? Is it on engraved, score, cuts? More details help diagnose the issues. They’ll probably ask you to print out a gift of good measure with pictures of front and back.

Have you tried
Turn off the machine
disconnect the printer head from the white cable
Check that all pins inside the head are flat
reconnect the printer head
Turn on your machine

Sometimes you just need to reseat the cable

Also, do as @wesleyjames said:
Run a Gift of Good Measure. Do the whole thing, even if nothing happens
Note the time you ran the job
Post photos front and back of the job
Post photos of the pins inside the printer head

This could also happen as a result of overlapping lines in the svg file. If you could upload the file, one of us can take a look at it.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag.

To investigate further, could you share a photo of the print in question? Please also include the approximate date and time.

For our next steps, I’d like to have you perform a standardized test for us to review. At your earliest convenience, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @dcmorriss, it’s been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in and see how things are going. Are you still having problems? If so, did you have a chance to try the steps my colleague Jeremy provided?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.