It is taking my laser more and more passes to cut materials it use to take one pass to do what’s going on with my laser
After cleaning all of the optics and fans, print the Gift of Good Measure on proofgrade material using proofgrade settings. If the result is not perfect, post photos along with the date and time of the print.
Have you been cleaning your optics? (Mirrors and lenses). That would be the first thing I’d check.
Here’s the support article on this topic, so you can make sure you’ve checked all the appropriate things:
Oh no, I’m sorry your prints aren’t turning out as expected.
To better understand the trouble you’re experiencing, could you include a photo of a recent print that didn’t cut through? Please include the approximate date and time of the print as well.
There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:
- The crumb tray is clean and properly installed
- The material is perfectly flat on the crumb tray
- All optical components are clean and undamaged
- Design is set to “Cut”
Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.
- Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.
Check the completed print:
- If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
- If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.
Hi @kraftymomkrafts8. It’s been a while since Jeremy’s previous response with some troubleshooting steps to address recent print issues. Feel free to respond with any results of the Gift of Good Measure print if you’re still encountering any trouble with laser cuts. We’ll be happy to help take a look. Thank you!
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email firstname.lastname@example.org.