Laser going thru the motions without the laser beam

Glowforge Pro was working fine on Tuesday , went to cut today and the head and fans are operating like normal but the laser tube is not lighting up or firing a beam. Sent an email to support. Mirrors are fine

1 Like

cross your fingers and check to see if you accidentally ran the job on “1” power,
-or-
make sure that you don’t have two copies of the design one on top of the other… they can cancel each other out.

4 Likes

I’ve double checked and triple checked everything. Changed the design to the gift of good measure on proof grade and it is not firing at all. This month makes 12 months and this is the third issue I’ve had. This is a refurbished unit replaced in October after only 4 months with my new unit I purchased.

2 Likes

Everything you can - Support will be along and check the machine logs.

3 Likes

I’m hearing crickets from support so far. Normally they respond pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Hi @jrouss769. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble with the laser not firing when you tried to print, and have not yet heard back from us. I received your email for this issue, and just sent you a response with next steps to help you get this resolved. To avoid any confusion or miscommunications, I’ll close this thread and will look forward to hearing back to my emailed response soon. Thanks!

1 Like