Laser has been quiet lately. But life has not

Laser life = quiet when rest of life is not. :rofl:

Here is a quick pick of our summer time together before the boy headed off to India for 6 months on an internship.

What’s your summer looked like?

37 Likes

Family time is always the best times! Are you in Willmore Kentucky?

6 Likes

Oh what fun! That is the best way to spend your summer! Love your pics, and that starry sky is fantastic! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Praying for safe travels for your son as he goes to India.

8 Likes

I’m from Nashville,TN. We were in Slade , Ky for most of those pics in the Red River Gorge. Last one is from the New River Gorge in WV on a separate trip

14 Likes

Can you believe that was with an iPhone?

7 Likes

Wish I had enough signal to view your pictures. Just not loading. I’m at the New River Gorge right now. Pouring rain.

edit: now I see it. The newest National Park.

9 Likes

Yea not pictured, we were up there climbing at upper meadows. We had been in NC the day before but a big storm over the whole SE pushed us north for that Tripp. Super glad we did. It was beautiful up there.

12 Likes

Love it! My husband and I are doing some hiking. Going to Maroon Bells in Colorado in a few weeks. This looks beautiful. We’re going to have to check out all the great spots!

5 Likes

Looks fabulous! I’ve always wondered if you could engrave a starry night - leaving the stars untouched…looks like you’ve got a cool photo to try that with!

4 Likes

Your welcomen to use my photo for it. Just have to share the results…… and your settings :wink:

4 Likes

:+1:
It reminded me of the trestle over the river by Asbury College.

1 Like

There are never enough photos of bridges, and photos of people making photos of bridges are in their own category! :slight_smile:

Looks like you have a great trip and made some memories before your son’s India trip. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yea he just graduated with his civil engineering bachelors. So he was a bit enthralled with his people’s work.

5 Likes

My wife has become resigned to the fact that I’ll randomly stop and make photos of bridges during trips. I hope he enjoys a long career as a Civil Engineer.

9 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun. Were you climbing? Ziplining? I took my daughter on a belated 13th birthday trip last fall (she was 14 by the time we were able to go) to the Dominican Republic and we did an amazing series of ziplines. I’d go back just to do that again!

5 Likes

Gorgeous scenery and lovely family pics, many happy memories made no doubt!

5 Likes

I thought it looked familiar. I crossed it almost every year on the way to Pennsic but have not made it in many years.

3 Likes

The first pic is us doing a Via Ferrara in RRG. Loads of fun. The others are us sport climbing.

1 Like

3 Likes

ohhh Can’t wait to see your pics of the Maroon Bells! Do you do a lot of 14ers?
For a while there, I think I had heard it was tough to get reservations but I think that’s improved since then, haven’t heard as much lately.
I have a lot of friends that hike but I haven’t been hiking for a long time, so I haven’t done Maroon Bells.

2 Likes