Laser has lost power over the last week

So I have had to change all my settings for my cuts .
I have never used Full Power since I got the machine and have always used Precision .

My cuts have always been the same : 265 Speed and 100 % Precision Power
now I am at 210 Speed and 100% Precsion power.

What are my options as to getting a new Laser as this one is only 8 months old.

You know the drill. Clean your optics. Clean all of your fans. Cut the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material using Proofgrade settings. If it doesn’t print perfectly, post pictures (front and back) and note the time and date of the print.

7 Likes

I’m sorry that your settings aren’t working as expected. Running a test print on Proofgrade material with default settings would be the best next step so that our team can look into this for you.

I’ve included our standard steps along with instructions for the test print below. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

• If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Please let us know how it goes!

I dont have any draft board left for that test but I have lost about 60% power , where can i get those boards.

Proofgrade materials are available only from Glowforge. We were all instructed to put aside one from the initial shipment in case we needed to troubleshoot our machines.

The setting are not showing up for the Gift of Good Measure. ?

The Gift of Good Measure is about 2.6in x 1.5in. Since the test only needs a small amount of Proofgrade, it’s okay to use any piece that is large enough to print out the design. Do you happen to have any scraps of Medium Proofgrade Draftboard that are large enough?

When you open the design, if it is empty, you can start fresh by choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes and restore the artwork. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Open the design in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.
  2. Click the “…” button

​

3. Click “Design Details”

​​

4. Click “Reset Design”

​

5. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

​

Before you select the material you’re using, you may see the following in the print steps on the left:

​

​

Once you’ve selected the material you’re using by clicking on “unknown”, the print steps should then switch from saying “enter settings” to having the correct default Proofgrade settings assigned to each step:

​

​

Please let me know if this information helps you to set up and run the test!

Yes that did work and I have the same picture as you but why does it not show me the Power levels and such. ?

If what you see in the app matches this photo:
​

​

What this indicates is that the system has selected the default Proofgrade settings that match the material selected in the top-left corner. When Proofgrade settings are selected, each step will only be labeled with the operation type (Engrave, Cut or Score) instead of showing the specific power and speed values. You can run the print, and your Glowforge will use the default settings for the selected material.

If you’d like to be able to take a peek and see the settings we use for a piece of Proofgrade material, here’s how:

1. Open app.glowforge.com

2. Open a design

3. Choose the material

4. Click a step in the left-hand column of steps

5. Choose Cut, Engrave or Score to determine which setting you’d like to see

6. Then choose “Manual” and you’ll see the default settings for that operation

2 Likes

My tube has no power , barely cut thru at all.

I’m sorry that the Gift of Good Measure didn’t cut through correctly. Thank you for running that test, I’ll locate the logs. I saw that you’ve sent in an email with an additional photo of the back of the material from this test.

I’ve sent you some next steps via email, so I’m going to close this thread and I’ll continue to assist you via email.