Laser head bumping 2

when i turn my glow forge on, it sits for a few seconds and then continues to move backwards, bumping against the back of the machine. It does it for about 1 second, takes a 5-10 second break and continues to do it, does anyone know what the problem could be?

You might try and grab a video so support can see what’s happening.

It sounds terminal.

It’s possible it’s losing track of where the head is due to ambient light. Try blocking sunlight/glare/overhead lights from the gowforge. Turn it off, open the lid and center the head in the bed. Close the lid & turn it on and see what happens.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue several times, I usually turn off my GF for 1-2 minutes and completely reset the browser app, seems to work every time.

Hi @Laserustic, I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this snag.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images.

There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again.

If you are still having an issue after trying the above, and are able to do so, it’d be really helpful to also grab some video of the issue as it’s happening.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new post or email us at support@glowforge.com.