Laser Head Crashing During Calibration

Having a bit of an issue. Every time I turn the machine on the laser head crashes into the right axis during calibration.

I’ve tried turning the machine off, waiting, and positioning the head right under the camera before turning the machine on again but that hasn’t helped - same problem.

Anyone got any more ideas?

You could try adjusting the lighting in the room, and make sure there is nothing on the bed of the machine. The camera gets confused by reflections and stray objects.

I had a couple issues like that and now start the machine with the gantry all the way yo the back, shoving both sides to be sure it is straight, and the head all the way to the left, and it finds itself and starts well.

1 Like

I believe you should only do this with the power off, BTW!

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry about the calibration issues.

I extracted the logs for your Glowforge to investigate and it appears there was a bright light shining in your Glowforge when your Glowforge was having trouble calibrating. On calibrations when the light level was lower, the logs showed successful calibration. If you run into this again, would you try reducing the direct light overhead and see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes!

3 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.