Laser head moving, no laser firing

I’m having an issue with my Pro. Yesterday I was engraving hammers for a local realtor. I have engraved probably 50 hammers without issues since having my machine. I engraved one yesterday, no issues. When I started the second, it worked for about 10 “back and forths” and then the laser stopped. No funny noises or anything, just the laser stopped.
This was on Monday, and ironically, my machine went out of warranty on Saturday. Seems pretty ironic.

1 Like

Likely a failed power supply or tube. Machine will need to be send in for repairs.

You need to print the Gift of Good Measure on the medium draftboard provided for testing, and post pics of the front and back. Note the time/timezone, support can check the logs.

I have been doing my end of research and have tried the cut on PG material. No success.
What is the average wait time and cost for something like this?

Support will discuss that with you via email. They won’t commit to a cost until the machine has been inspected by a technician. They should respond here within a day.

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble while using your Glowforge. I see that you’ve emailed us about this, and I’ve sent you some information with next steps there, so I’m going to close this thread and we’ll continue to work with you via email.