Laser help

I have replaced lenses and cleaned filters and it is still not cutting all the way through wood what am I missing that needs to be done?

Welcome to the forum?

Can you share a bit more information, like what material are you cutting and is it close to cutting through or way off.

3 Likes

it sometimes does partial but also sometimes it doesn’t cut at all the way through

and medium bass plywood is what i am using

So when things don’t cut as expected, the steps to consider are - are all optics clean? There are several windows in addition to the mirror and the lens. Are the fans clean? Is the wood being held flat against the honeycomb tray?

Support will want you to print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material using Proofgrade settings to evaluation your machine. If it doesn’t print perfectly, post photos (front and back) along with the date and time of the print so that Support can look at your machine logs.

4 Likes

@haley2 I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is not cutting through your material.

Could you take a photo of you most recent print that did not cut through, front and back? Please also let me know what date and rough time the print was completed.

I’d like to have you print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material. This uses known settings and on known material which will provide me a good baseline on how your Glowforge printer is performing. I’ve included some instructions below.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on

2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.

3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.

4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

5. Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print

• If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.

6. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Once I have your photos and results I will be able to provide the best next steps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.