Laser is not firing—cannot get a response from support

I sent an email yesterday to support because my glowforge is not cutting, engraving or scoring. The machine goes through all the motions as usual, but there is no laser beam. I got a reply telling me to check the mirror and to print the gift of good measure which I did. I also checked all lenses. I replied back yesterday at 5:40 EST and have not heard anything back. Sent another email today, but no reply. Everything I have read regarding this problem seems to indicate that there is a problem with the laser tube and the machine has to be replaced. If that is the case, I want to get this process going as soon as possible. This machine is a replacement for my original machine which malfunctioned in June. So I have had this refurbished machine since the end of June and once again I am having major problems. I need for someone to please get back in contact with me ASAP. I have pending orders that I cannot work on and have had to turn down orders today because I have no idea when it will be fixed. I cannot afford for this to keep happening and it is equally frustrating that there is no way to communicate more efficiently with customer service. Now it is Friday, and I am sure there will be no communication over the weekend, thus putting me even further behind. Why in the world is there not a way to talk to someone over the phone??? When people pay this much money for a piece of equipment that they rely on for their day to day business, support services should not be this difficult to obtain!

You have heard from them - they’ve had you check the easy things - now they’re looking at your logs and trying to figure out what else might be wrong. You sending additional emails and posting here will literally slow down their response time because now when they have next steps they need to first find/verify/close all the duplicate tickets you’ve opened.

You’ll need to be patient. It may take a few days. If your laser is broken you’re going to have to ship it back and get it repaired which can take many weeks…so you want to be patient and hopefully they can figure out something you can fix at home. In the meantime, as a company, you should always have a back-up plan. Do you know the closest lasers you can rent time from? Do you have another company that does similar work that you can recommend your clients go to in the meantime? Work on finding ways to solidify your business because breakdowns will always happen.

You bought a home-use laser from a tiny company that didn’t even exist 5 years ago. Yes their CS has gotten loads better as they’ve gotten larger but if 24/7 CS was that important to you…maybe don’t go with a start-up? There are lots of lasers out there with 24/7 coverage. They start at about 10k.

5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you again!

Thanks for your continued patience while our engineering team worked to diagnose this issue. I followed up in our email thread earlier today with the next steps, so I’m going to close this thread.